What is the construction of a skyscraper like?
It's very difficult. Its materials must be light (because if they are heavy, it would be destroy) but resistant (to support the same problem) Although their material must be airy, it needs foundations. Some of them reach 40 meters under the floor and they must resist earthquakes and meteorological problems as wind. It's a very complex process and if you want to know more about it, you can investigate here.
How much does it cost?
It depends on the skyscraper but it's very expensive. For example: the Burj Khalifa has cost $1.5 billion.
What extra-elements has a skyscraper got?
It depends on the skyscraper, too. The Taipei 101 has got a mall, the Empire State Building a observatory and the Burj Khalifa a hanging tennis court or a mosque.
Skyscrapers are known because of they've got loads of elevator.
It's good for the enviroment?
Yes, a skyscraper doesn't uses too much floor and it can contain the services of lots of building which are together in the same structure.
And now, I'm going to put the tallest skyscrapers. Some of them have a very complex and elegant structure. Enjoy it!
It's the highest building of the world, with near 830 meters. It was opened on 4th, January 2010 and it's one of the most famous landmarks in Dubai. It's got loads of services such as a tennis court, some luxury apartments, a mosque, a museum or the Armani Hotel Suites. It's got lots of records such as:
- Tallest building of the world (829.84 m) Previously: Taipei 101 (509.2 m)
- Tallest skyscraper to top of antenna (829.84 m) Previously: Willis Tower (527 m)
- Tallest structure ever built (829.84 m) Previously: Warsaw radio mast (646.38 m)
- Tallest extant structure: 829.84 m Previously: KVLY-TV mast (628.8 m)
- Tallest freestanding structure: 829.84 m Previously: CN Tower (553.3 m)
- Building with most floors (160) Previously: Willis Tower (108)
- Building with world's highest occupied floor
- World's highest elevator installation (situated inside a rod at the very top of the building)
- World's fastest elevators (64 km/h) Previously: Taipei 101 (16.83 m/s)
- Highest vertical concrete pumping (for a building) (606 m) Previously: Taipei 101 (449.2 m)
- First world's tallest structure in history to include residential space
- World's highest outdoor observation deck: 124th floor at 452 m
- World's highest installation of an aluminium and glass facade: 512 m
- World’s highest mosque: 158th floor
- World's highest nightclub: 144th floor
- World's highest restaurant (At.mosphere): 122nd floor (442 m) Previously: CN Tower (350 mt) World's highest New Year display of fireworks.
- World's second highest swimming pool (76th floor) The highest is in Ritz-Carlton Hotel (108 ft)
It's the third tallest building in the world. Located in Taiwan, it's famous because of it resisted an earthquake during its construction. It's got an elegant structure and it's known for being the tallest building of the world before the construction of the Burj Khalifa and because of its huge mall. It was a challenge for architecture because its structure is very difficult and, the place in which is located, is very bad for this constructions,
ABRAJ AL ABAIT
It's the tallest hotel of the world, the highest clock and the largest world building area. Located in Mecca, it's got a mall, too. It's an iconic symbol of the muslims and in the top, you can see a moon. They say that the it touches Mahoma's feet because it's so tall that reaches the heaven. For me, it's the loveliest skyscraper!
EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
It's not the tallest or the oldest but... It's the most known skyscraper on Earth. During 40 years, it was the highest building of the world and it's the most visited place of New York. In 1971, when the World Trade Center was built, it lost the title of "The highest building in NYC but, in 2011, The Empire State Building reached the title one more time but it will lose it when the Freedom Tower will be completed.
WORLD TRADE CENTRE
When it was built, it was the highest building of NYC, of the US and of the world. In 2001, the organization Al-Qaeda, using a plane, destroyed it and there were thousands of deaths.
In 2013, the construction of new building there, will be finish. The main tower will be the Freedom Tower and will be the third tallest building on Earth.
The Kingdom Tower is a project which will be finished near 2015. It will reach more than 1 km and it's going to be located in Arabia. It will have a triangular shape to resist wind and it's going to be the first tower to reach the height of 1000 m.
And now, I want you to answer this questions. You must investigate on your own.
- Which is the tallest building of Spain?
- Why a skyscraper can't be built in Cordoba?
- What's your opinion about my entry?
Well, this is all. I hope all of you have enjoyed the entry. Try to make coments, please! Well, bye friends!